Full Time VISTA position
Volunteer Relations VISTA (LTH Thrift Store)
Volunteer Relations VISTA (LTH Thrift Store)
SHARE Foundation, a non-profit organization in El Dorado, Arkansas, was voted “One of the Best Places to Work in Arkansas” in 2019 and 2021. It was also voted one of the “Top Non-Profits of the Year” by Arkansas Business in 2019.
A strong candidate will have experience working with and recruiting volunteers and have the ability to work independently to complete projects. Experience in retail or customer service environment is preferred due to the thrift store environment and typical staff duties. The VISTA will help the manager research volunteer practices in order to implement and grow the new hospice thrift store volunteer program, oversee daily volunteer activities, and collaborate with the manager to grow opportunities and number of volunteers.
Goal of the Project:
The Volunteer Relations VISTA will help implement and expand a volunteer program and increase volunteer retention and service hours so that SHARE Foundation’s Hospice thrift store can improve its capability to empower low income families and individuals. Thrift store revenues will assure hospice program patients (uninsured and underinsured) will receive the same level of care even when unable to pay. Thrift store revenues will offset those losses.
- A strong candidate will have the experience working with and recruiting volunteers.
- Have the ability to work independently to complete projects.
- Have experience with program development is preferred.
- You will work in a retail environment, so experience in retail is preferred.
- Must have good computer skills in order to create reports and evaluation tools to measure program success. Should be proficient in Microsoft packages including Word, Excel, and others.
- Some office or clinic experience is preferred.
- Must be 18 years old or older (no upper age limit)
- US Citizen or legal residency
- Must be able to pass background screening
- Must be able to pass drug screening
AmeriCorps VISTA Benefits:
- Living allowance (bi-weekly)
- Relocation allowance (if move 50+ miles from home)
- End of Service Award (choose between a Segal Education Award of $6,095 to pay for a range of education expenses or cash stipend of $1,800)
- Healthcare benefit (choose between reimbursement for healthcare or a healthcare plan. Dental and vision are also included).
- Non-Competitive Eligibility (NCE): A unique hiring path which makes it easier for federal agencies to hire you.
- Professional development training.
- Child care (you may be eligible to receive a child care benefit if you have children under the age of 13).
- A monthly $100 additional living allowance from SHARE Foundation paid directly to mortgage provider or landlord.
- For more information on AmeriCorps VISTA benefits, see https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/vista/benefits.
To apply, please complete 2 steps:
1. Fill out the contact form on our website and attach your resume.
2. Then go to the AmeriCorps VISTA link https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do to create an account and complete the application process. To find this position, select VISTA for Program Type, Arkansas for State, and SHARE for Program Name. If application is not submitted through the AmeriCorps VISTA website, your application will not be received or considered.
Part-time 15-20 hours per week.
Available M-F 5am-8:30 pm Sat 7:55am-5:00pm Sun 12:55pm-5pm
Member Services Level I
Position Summary: Be the first point of member contact at the front desk. Act as public relations representative, promoting consistent delivery of excellent customer service. Responsible for the member check in process, point of sale functions including Juice Bar as needed, membership sales and prospect tours. Performs receptionist functions for the center and disseminates information and customer complaints and or concerns.
Qualifications: One year of successful customer service is required with 3 or more years preferred. Must be able to work independently and use judgment and discretion. Must be able to handle basic office functions and point of sale functions. Must possess excellent public relations skills and communication skills both verbal and written.
Certifications: Current certification in CPR and First Aid required must be obtained within 90 days of hire. The cost for CPR certification will be reimbursed by HFC.
Information to pass along to external candidates: An application can be found on the SHARE website www.sharefoundation.com along with the job description in its entirety. Any offer of employment to external candidates will be conditional upon submitting to and passing a drug test.